Hiring a Matchmaker
Dec 9·2 min read
Most people are fascinated to learn that matchmaking has been my career for over two decades and that I am responsible for introducing over 2,000 couples who have ended up in long term relationships. I have definitely mastered the art & science of love! When people find out that I’m a matchmaker, I get all kinds of questions. Here are some of the most common questions that I get:
1) What types of people hire you?
While some matchmakers only take men as clients, I work with both men and women. My clients are highly accomplished and come from a variety of backgrounds including Entrepreneurs, CEO’s, Celebrities, Professional Athletes, and other successful professionals. They are well-traveled, financially & emotionally secure, and they take great care of themselves. Most importantly, they are relationship-minded!
2) Why do people hire you?Many of my clients are high profile and they would never post their photo on a dating site. They appreciate the discretion & confidentiality of working with a matchmaker. Many of my clients are already out-sourcing areas of their life to professionals. They have realtors, financial advisors, and personal assistants, so it makes sense for them to outsource the most important aspect of their life to a professional as well! Clients hire me because they are ready to cut to the chase and get results!
3) How do you find matches for your clients?
I have spent over 20 years as a matchmaker & relationship expert, so I have a network of thousands of singles. Many singles come to me through direct referral and some reach out to me on their own accord. My team includes recruiters, who work full-time on recruiting the right matches for our clients! I am also a Certified Matchmaker, so I have relationships with matchmakers all over the country and we occasionally collaborate.
4) Do you ever tell someone you can’t work with them?
Yes! I am extremely competitive, and I like to win. If I don’t feel like I can get results for someone, I won’t take them as a client. Also, I work with great people! I don’t take jerks as clients.
5) How much does it cost to hire a matchmaker?
At Select Date Society, our memberships start at $10,000. You can expect a high-end matchmaker to cost anywhere from $10,000 to $100,000. There are also “dating services” out there that have fees starting out at $2,500, but I always advise singles to avoid a franchised dating service or a big corporation. Select Date Society is very boutique and that is why we maintain such a high success rate!
Amber is the CEO of Select Date Society, a luxury matchmaking firm. She is a certified matchmaker & certified coach.