What are some excellent and romantic ideas for a first date in Philadelphia? You might watch the sunset while dining at the Assembly Rooftop Lounge, explore the historic sites in the city, visit the Amish Country, or even get some dancing lessons. You’ll find these and more fantastic day-date ideas for Philadelphia in this article – just read on!
Romantic First Date Ideas in Philadelphia
Take a look below to find the finest date ideas for your first date in Philadelphia.
- Dine at the Assembly Rooftop Lounge – This marvelous restaurant is located on the top of Logan Hotel in Philadelphia and lets you enjoy the beautiful view of the whole city. It is an excellent place to watch the sunset while sipping on a glass of champagne and indulging in a mouthwatering meal.
- Rent a jacuzzi suite – What is a better, more romantic first date idea than renting one of the many exclusive jacuzzi suites in Philadelphia? Cozy bathrobes, soaking tubs, bottles of fine champagne, and a private, intimate time to share with your partner.
- Tour the historic sites – Philly is known for its charming cobblestone streets and historic monuments; touring them is an excellent idea for your first date. Tours provide great topics to discuss throughout the date, letting you avoid the typical first-date awkwardness and connect on a deeper level than usual.
- Explore the vineyards – A date at a vineyard is always a good idea, and Philadelphia is known for a couple of excellent vineyards. You may start from Bucks County Vineyard, Crossing Vineyards and Winery, or Rose Bank Winery. Additionally, you can continue your journey through the world of wines by visiting the Peddler’s Village, which is known for over 60 independent shops offering a wide variety of delicious wines.
- Go for a walk in the Morris Arboretum – This beautiful Victorian garden will be the perfect place for a date if you both wish to take it slow, get to know each other and relax surrounded by nature.
- Book an Amish Tour – If both you and your partner are new experience seekers, you should go and visit the Amish Country. Though this first date idea requires you to leave Philadelphia (it’s 1 hour away), it will be a memorable and unique experience. Plus, sharing your thoughts on the lives of the Amish will provide you with something to discuss and share thoughts on during your first date.
- Go biking – Philly has a great network of biking trails: the Kelly Drive. You can rent a bike through the city’s bike-renting system and enjoy pedaling by the Schuylkill River.
- Get dancing lessons at Ballroom Philadelphia – Another great idea for your first date in Philly is to sign you and your partner up for some dance lessons at Ballroom Philadelphia. You can choose some classics like tango, select private lessons and enjoy a fun date together with your partner. Plus, you can use the moves you’ll learn the next time you hit the dance floor, no matter whether it’ll be clubbing or a ball.
With so many ideas for your first date in Philadelphia, you will surely find something that you and your partner love. Remember, the better your first date, the stronger your first impression will be, so it is crucial to ensure everything is perfect.
And since we are on the topic of first impressions, we also advise you to read another post on our blog: How to Make a Good First Impression on Your First Date? 5 Tips.