As 2020 comes to an end, many of us are looking forward to the start of a New Year. Although the traditional way of celebrating has to be altered this year, that does not mean your New Years’ Eve plans need to be boring! There are so many creative and fun ways to mark the end of the year safely, and at home. Here are just a few ideas but the possibilities are endless.
1) Dress up! If you would normally get dressed up for New Year’s Eve, there is no need to change that now. Put on your holiday best, a great suit, or a sexy dress, and prepare to bring in 2021 in style.
2) Host a video call with friends and make it a party! There are so many platforms that can be used to host a virtual party. You can send invites, and if you are feeling adventurous, come up with a great theme. Have a Masquerade Party, a Roaring 20’s Party, or an “80’s” themed party. Who did not love the 80’s!
3) What is a party without a great cocktail! Your celebration is only as good as the drink you choose to toast with at the end of the night. There are so many options other than champagne to make your midnight toast something special.
4) Now that the outfit is selected, the invites are out, and the cocktail menu is complete, the last step is selecting the right music to really make it a celebration. You can make a New Year’s Eve playlist via Spotify and send it to all of your guests on the day of the celebration. You can also invite them to select a few of their favorite songs and add them to the playlist.
5) The final touch will be the virtual countdown/toast. Although there have been challenges this year, it is important to acknowledge and share the good parts that took place this year. Celebrate and raise a glass.
Cheers to your best year yet!!