Looking for great first-date ideas in Charlotte?
We know it can be challenging to pick a great spot to experience your first date. There are a few things to consider and we have done the leg work for you. If you want a great atmosphere and an opportunity to connect, here are our top ten great date spots in Charlotte:
- Daveste Vineyards https://www.davestevineyards.com/ If you want a romantic setting and a beautiful backdrop where you can get to know your date better, this vineyard delivers. It’s a beautiful venue not far from Charlotte that transports you to a vacation mentality. A perfect spot to build a spark with your date!
- Top Golf https://topgolf.com/us/charlotte/ When you want to be active and explore your date’s competitive nature, then Top Golf has a great private venue where you can relax and have fun. Great food & drink options and the privacy of an enclosed partition allow for fun banter and PDA without the audience.
- RH Rooftop Restaurant https://rh.com/charlotte/restaurant One of the best restaurants that creates a “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” moment. This restaurant has the most gorgeous aesthetics and has indoor & outdoor dining, Make reservations and request a table on the outskirts of the restaurant so you don’t get caught up in the noise in the middle. Your date will be impressed with the decor & service. If your date is going well, you can extend your time together by exiting downstairs toward Phillips Place. There you can peruse the shops and talk in a beautiful high-end shopping center.
- Heliventures Helicopter Tours https://heliventures.co/charlotte-helicopter-tours/ Ready to elevate how you plan your first date? Heliventures will help you do just that! Raise the bar and experience Charlotte in a grand way. Save this date for someone who has stolen your heart unexpectedly. When your feelings defy anything you have experienced before, the date should match! Wine & Design
- Wine & Design https://www.wineanddesign.com/calendar/charlotte-nc Creating something is always a fun experience! No need to be an artisan. Just be open to working independently while being together in a group setting. Enjoy a fun art experience while sipping a glass of wine. Wine & Design is a great first date for anyone who wants to break the ice and interact with others while getting to know their date better.
- Center City Carriage Tours http://charlottecentercitytours.com/ Have you ever met someone where there was an instant connection, so you didn’t want the night to end? This is a fantastic option to book ahead of time for after your dinner downtown. Should you find yourself wanting to extend the date, take a romantic carriage ride around the city and let the sparks fly!
- Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden https://dsbg.org/ Outdoor enthusiasts will love this venue! The gardens are not only picturesque but also have an area where you can buy wine and snacks so you can have an intimate picnic for two. When you want to show a romantic but not over-the-top side, this is the perfect spot. You can visit all year long as they feature wonderful lights during the Holiday Season!
- The Mint Museum https://mintmuseum.org/mint-museum-uptown/ For the cultured couple who enjoy perusing and conversation, the Mint museum delivers. They also have an onsite restaurant, the Mariposa, with a wonderful menu for a worldly palate. Experience the culture and the artisan cuisine of this wonderful Charlotte treasure.
- McNinch House Restaurant https://www.mcninchhouserestaurant.com/ Looking to impress your date with a timeless authentic touch? This little gem of a restaurant is a perfect choice. McNinch is as authentic as they come and has the reputation to match. McNinch is an old home curated into one of Charlotte’s most talked about restaurants. The service is terrific, and the atmosphere is quaint, which creates a movie-like backdrop for a first date. Excellent food; therefore, reservations are highly recommended.
- Aura Rooftop Bar https://www.aurarooftop.com/ When you set up a date during the week and want to meet over a drink to test the waters, Aura is the perfect spot. The beauty of this rooftop bar is that it caters to every appetite. From aura’s vegan mixers to its cold-weather hot specialty drinks, there is something for everyone. The gorgeous views will not disappoint even if the date does! 😉
How to choose the best first-date spot in Charlotte
It’s easy to make a good decision when you know your date. If you are planning a first date and don’t know your date well, ask them to connect with you on social media or look them up to see if they mention their favorite restaurants or activities they enjoy. There is so much public information today that it’s an easy extra step to ensure you make a great first impression. Always keep in mind the noise level of any restaurant or venue, and make sure you make a reservation, so your date feels special and knows you have planned ahead.